October 31, 2008

So sad

Sorry for the depressing post but my heart is so sad that I had to share.

A cousin of a good friend of mine was accidentally shot by his 11 year old sister.  He is 15 and thankfully he is still alive but he is paralyzed from the armpits down.  My heart just breaks for this boy who's life is completely changed because of a split second decision and for his sister who will live with what must be horrendous guilt.

Please if you have guns in your homes keep them locked up and talk to your kids about what to do if they see a gun even if they think it is unloaded. 

2 comments:

Kari October 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

I am so sorry about this :(...

Anonymous,  November 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

my heart goes out to the boy and the little sister. my husband is a police officer and with that he has a gun. I only stress to him to hide his gun really well and make it a point to tell our oldest who is 5 that the gun is dangerous and she is not allowed to touch it..