October 28, 2008

Celebrity Rehab.

I had the T.V. on the other night while I was working and Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew was on.  I hate to admit it but I'm hooked.  It was so sad to watch the effects drugs and alcohal have had on the people that are on the show.  One of the hardest for me to watch was Rodney King.  I'm assuming he started having a drinking problem after he was beaten (I could be wrong) - I find it incredibly sad that his whole life has been ruined because of what happened.  From what was shown it doesn't look like he has ever actually worked through what happened to him.

Jeff Conaway is on again this time.  Wow, what a difficult time he has.  It will be interesting to see if he is able to stay clean this time.

The other stars that are on the show are, Nikki McKibbon, Sean Stewart, Tawny Kitaen, Amber Smith, Steven Adler and Gary Busey, who is really hard for me to watch.

I have to wonder if this kind of reality show is crossing the line into something too personal for TV and if the producers of the show are taking advantage of people who desperately need help.  Let me know what you think?

0 comments: