October 30, 2008

Sign of the times?

The other day I found out that Rooster's school went into lock down so that the administration could search lockers for weapons and drugs.  He is in the 7th grade and goes to a junior high that I think is a pretty decent school.  I don't remeber having locker searches in high school let alone in junior high. 

I asked Rooster why he didn't tell me that it happened and he said he didn't think it was a big deal.  I have to wonder if my child is so used to seeing stuff like this that he thinks it's no big deal. 

I'm wondering if this is normal?  Do other junior highs have locker searches?  Do you see this happen in your area?

2 comments:

Unknown October 31, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

BOO!
Did I scare you?
You have been Boo'd come pick up your widget from my blog!
Happy Halloween
The Power of Housewife Word of Mouth

Anonymous,  November 2, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

I know our middle school had two last year. My kids are in 8th grade this year (two of them) and they haven't talked about any - but then I haven't asked either.

*sigh*

I know our elementary school was in a lockdown last week at the end of the day for something but they won't tell anyone why. It seriously sucks.

I hate that our kids have to go through "intruder drills" and such. I know its for their safety, but we didn't have to do those things.