October 18, 2008

Oh, The Mommy Guilt

I've got Mommy guilt and it sucks! I broke down and gave Tater some cold and cough medicine tonight. The poor little guy has had a cold for the past week and was coughing so hard tonight that I gave in and gave him the medicine. I don't like to give either one of my kids much medicine (it took me 2 years to finally agree to meds for Rooster's ADHD) and with all the hype going on about kids and cold medicine I was determined not to use it. But the poor dude needs to sleep! We've tried Vicks on the feet, I'm running a humidifier and I still need to try a recipe I found for some salve to put on his feet but for tonight I caved. He is sleeping and I've only heard him cough a couple of times. Maybe it's the placebo effect but either way I'll take it (Mommy guilt and all) if it means he gets a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

I completely agree with you about medications. They are always a last resort for me too. I am a huge believer in a healthy diet builds up immunities, and really work on making sure the girls eat lots of fruit and veggies.

Lolly October 19, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

I hope he is feeling better!! I hate when the little muchkins get sick!
Thrifty Thoughts,
Mommy Mia's World,
Mia's Motivation &
Mia's Menu Mania