October 14, 2008

Our Soldiers

I was watching Little People, Big World last night.  The dad from the show was in Iraq to meet with a family that had 3 kids in their family that have dwarfism.  I have to say it made me an emotional wreck.  Not only was the story about the kids heartbreaking and at the same time inspirational but seeing the conditions that our soldiers are living and working in was absolutely eye opening.

Living so close to a military base we have many friends and neighbors who are in the military and have deployed several times to Iraq.  Last year we lost our neighbor when the vehicle he was in was hit by a roadside bomb.  Before his accident, I was so naive about the conditions over there.  Ryan's death brought everything so close to home and I don't think any of our lives will be the same. 

As you read this, please take a minute to think of or pray for our soldiers.  I only wish that every one of them would come home safely. 

And if you get a minute try to catch the episode of Little People, Big World - it really was moving

1 comments:

Unknown October 16, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

I saw that episode too it was really very touching. My daughter is a huge fan of the show...and I keep meaning to post about it..thanks for the reminder.