October 13, 2008

I'm getting my own domain and did you hear about.....

Yipee!  I'm so excited within the next couple of days you should see my link change over to a dot com.  I must admit it feels kind of cool to have my own domain.  I hope there won't be any problems with the switch over-Let me know if you have any problems.

Completely unrelated - I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning and they were talking about a new email filter that can prevent drunk emailing.  Do people really do this?  I must be a bit behind the times.  I've heard of drunk dialing and drunk texting but drunk emailing?  Who takes the time to boot up their computer and compose an email?  Do they spell check first?

Apparently, there is a need because Google has a trial running with Gmail that will pop up a series of math questions that have to be answered before an email can be sent during late night weekend hours.  Math questions?  I would be in trouble without having a drop of alcohol.

I guess in the case  of someone who decides, in a stupor, that they really belong with one of their exes instead of their current the filter could come in handy. 

2 comments:

Dave October 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

That sounds like a good idea if your a drunk. It sounds very annoying if your not and have to do this for EVERY email. I'm sure there's a way around it though. Thanks for the story.
Dave

Lori October 20, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Drunk emailing? Never heard of it and never done it.

And math questions? I'd think the folks who drunk email might be really good at math--think "mathelete".

Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife