November 3, 2008

Vote

VOTE

Don't forget to vote!

I'm sitting here watching SNL Presidential Bash on TV (hope you've been able to enjoy it, it's been entertaining - Amy Poller's rap is hilarious!) and thinking about how important it is for all of us to get out there and vote.

I'm also kind of relieved that it is coming to an end.  I'm tired of all the negative ads and the emails that I have been getting that are obviously not true, the endless recorded phone calls telling me who I should vote for and the abundance of fliers in my mailbox and on my door. 

I hope everyone has done their research and uses their vote wisely for whoever they feel is the right candidate for President and local offices.

As if the privilege of voting isn't enough, companies are offering free goodies to voters.


Participating Starbucks shops are giving away away a free tall coffee to voters.
Participating Ben & Jerry's stores are giving away a free scoop of ice cream for voters between 5PM - 8PM
Participating Krispy Kreme stores are giving away a free star shaped doughnut with red, white and blue sprinkles to customers wearing a I Voted sticker.

1 comments:

Unknown November 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Proud to say I voted this morning....too bad I live in a small town with no freebies for doing your civic duty.