November 19, 2008

New Weekly Feature

I've noticed a weekly feature on some blogs and decided to come up with my own.  I'm proud to announce
"Wacky News Wednesday"
Provided I remember, I'll post a new weird or unusual news story every Wednesday.
The first story I've picked reminds me of something I did when I was younger. I was in junior high and getting ready to go to school. There was a candle burning on the shelf in the bathroom that I decided to put out with the hairspray I had just used on my hair. Yeah, you read correct - I have no idea what I was thinking. 
It was the 80's and I was using Aquanet which seemed to be awfully flammable.  One little squirt and there was a huge (maybe smaller) fireball that exploded in my face.  I was fine other than the lose of some eyelashes, a few singed eyebrow hairs and the majority of my bangs gone. You know the bangs - the big 80's bangs.  
According to the Daily Telegrah, a 13 year old thought his toilet smelled a little funky so he sprayed it with room freshner. While using the same toilet he decided to play with his dad's lighter.  Apparently, the fumes (from the air freshener) were still lingering and he was blown off the toilet and through a window.  
The 13 year old was quoted as saying "Then I began fiddling with a lighter my dad left in there and suddenly there was this big orange whoosh! of flame. I woke up outside with my clothes burned off me and smelling like a barbecue."

I hesitated in posting this story because the poor kid was injured and will need months of treatment. I hope he feels better soon and that everything goes well for him.