November 7, 2008

Give Me A Break!

Let me start by saying we've got some major stuff going on with both of the boys which has left me stressed and quite grumpy but seriously do we need to see Christmas decorations and have Christmas music on the radio the day after Halloween.

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas just as much as the next person.  I love seeing my kid's faces light up on Christmas morning. I love spending time with friends and family throughout the holidays.  Knowing that I get one of my girlfriends that one thing that they really want but would never buy for themselves is great.  But, all in due time.

The Saturday after Halloween 2 houses in our neighborhood already had their big blow up decorations outside, Christmas lights up and trees in their windows.  And Wal-Mart and a couple stations on the radio were playing Christmas music.  Even Tater was bugged and asked if we shouldn't have Thanksgiving before all the Christmas stuff came out.

I guess I should at least take my Halloween decorations down this weekend but I'm not giving in. I'm keeping the fall decorations up until the end of the month then I'll bust out the 15 totes of Christmas stuff and fit right in with the Griswald's of the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Unknown November 9, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

I'm with you. Wal-mart in my town started putting out their Xmas merchandise in the garden section a few weeks before Halloween. I'm going for a corporate free Christmas this year. Wish me luck!

Unknown November 10, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

I adore Christmas, but geez it already has a 31 day timeline assigned to it....why add more? I was going to add christmas music to my MP# player the other day, and my girls said...not yet mom, it is too early for that.

The Power of Housewife Word of Mouth