January 22, 2009

Walking with Dinosaurs

Tater has been asking if we could go see the Walking with Dinosaurs show since we first saw the ads for it (before Christmas), but I've really been trying to watch our spending and was having a hard time justifying spending so much money on tickets.  As I weighed out our options, I realized that we did some many things like this when Rooster was little, but we really haven't with Tater (2nd child syndrome!) so I went ahead and got the tickets. 

It was so worth it! We didn't tell the boys we were going and somehow managed to get them all the way inside before we told them.  Tater was so excited! He couldn't quit jumping up and down and I can't tell you how many times I heard that he loved me and that it was the best day of his life.  Even Rooster (who is too cool for anything lately) said that he wanted to put all of the pictures I took up on his MySpace page. 

The show was really good. It was crazy to see how big and realistic looking the dinosaurs were.  Tater, of course, knew the name of every dinosaur that came out and loudly announced each one. 

But, leave it to me to manage to throw in a really bad example for my kids to follow. I'll post more later about that!

Apidexin

3 comments:

kamster January 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Sounds fun! Your a great mom!

We do need to get together and do a craft. What should we do? I am sure Casey and Kim would want to do it also.

Anonymous,  February 18, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

I LOVE dinosaurs. What a fantastic surprise!