January 21, 2009

Where to get coupons

I've had some questions about where I get my coupons so I thought I would write a quick post about where I get them.

The majority of my coupons come from the Sunday paper, but I get 5 copies of the paper so that when things go on sale I can buy in bulk.

I was surprised to see that some Sunday papers don't have a lot (if any) coupons available. If that's the case for you, I have bought coupons in the past.

Ebay: A great place to find some of the better coupons is on Ebay. I have no problem paying for  coupons (or technically paying someone to cut out the coupons because selling the coupons is illegal) if it means I'm getting a killer deal on something.  I have bought coupons for toilet paper from Ebay and ending up getting 2 cases of toilet paper for $2.00. The toilet paper was free and I paid the seller $2.00.  I also got 80 bottles of Gatorade for about $3.00 after buying on Ebay. 

Coupon Clipping Service: I have ordered coupons from the coupon clipper before and have been pleased. I've ordered at the first of the week and had them by then end of the week. It can be harder to get the coupons you want from a clipping service bacause they seem to go fast. You also have a minimum order, pay for the coupon and then a small handling fee.

Printables: I regularly use printables. Some good sites to go to are:
Box tops
Coupons.com
Pillsbury
Really any manufactures website will most likely have printable coupons. If not send them an email letting them know you like their product and ask if they can send you some.

Use prescription transfer coupons. This is a great way to get gift cards for use at your favorite store.

I use rebates a lot, but only on items that I would buy anyway. My last rebates included $10 rebate on 2 cases of water. I paid $10 for the water so free. $25 rebate on $150 grocery store purchase and $20 rebate on chicken. 

My very favorite website is Pinching Your Pennies. On this site you can go to a forum set up for your state (I think they have most of them set up) and there is grocery store lists (from the ads) matched up with what coupon to use and a rating on how good of a deal it is.

You can also find coupons and rebate for trade and trains that you can join to swap coupons. 

I hope this helps a little any way - thanks for your comments and questions

0 comments: