March 17, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

So before I go off on a rant 
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
I picked up some undecorated cookies (already made), sprinkles and frosting for the boys.  They had a blast decorating them after school.
Now, for my rant. I don't mean to make any moms feel bad for being on the ball and making the day fun for their kids but....
when in the hell did St. Patrick's Day turn into a give your kids presents kind of day?! And why didn't I get the memo?!
Last night I briefly thought about doing something fun for the kids beyond coloring their dinner green. But, started working and didn't give it another thought.

I went over to the school this morning and heard all the moms talking about coloring the milk and pancakes green, the leprechaun peed green pee in the toilets and made a mess in the house.  K- feeling bad mom worthy at this point but just wait.

Today was my carpool day and normally I love listening to the kids chat but today two of the boys were telling Tater how the leprechaun left them the clothes they were wearing, glow sticks and presents.  Tater told them that a boy in his class got $5 from the leprechaun then asked me why he didn't come to our house. WTH I didn't know he was supposed to! Then I remembered the cookies that the leprechaun left (wink wink) they just happened to have a grocery store sticker on them.

Bad mom trophy put away for another day!

weight loss pills

2 comments:

DeAnna March 23, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

you did better than me....I put a green sticker on their shirts so they wouldn't get pinched and that was the extent of it. I don't know when St. Patty's Day became such a big thing....it certainly wasn't that way when I was little!

kamster March 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

Dont feel too bad I did not do anything for my kids either! Although we did manage to make a leprehaun trap...just because it was a school assignment!