December 14, 2008

The tween years

Twitch has joked (at least I think he is joking) that for Rooster's 18th birthday he is getting luggage for his birthday present. I've never thought it was really funny until we reached the tween period.  People keep telling me that kids lose their mind around 12 years old and if we're lucky get it back around 18 - Ain't that the truth! 

Rooster's cell phone starts going off the minute he walks in the door from school and he is texting for 2-3 hours straight. I finally asked him to put it on vibrate because I couldn't stand to hear the bell anymore.  I've also gotten a few emails from his teachers saying that he is talking a lot in class and not doing his work.  I talked to the counsler about it and all I got was that he can guarantee he isn't the only one talking.  Is this supposed to make me happier? 

I know this is an important time for him to find new friends and work on his social skills but honestly I would love to have 1/4 of the attention spent on friends spent on school work. 

1 comments:

Lazy Housewife December 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

I don't understand how people can text for that long lol it's kind of a slow way of communicating compared to just calling that person.
So Not Domestic