December 12, 2008

Hanging in there

 
 G.G. and the boys
We were able to get my Grandma into the rehab facility on Wednesday and things are going so much better.  The staff at the facility she is in now is really great with her and with all of us.  She was there 3 months ago so they all remember her and told her that while they were sad she had to come back, they were excited to see her again.  I honestly cannot believe the lack of care she received at the nursing home, my heart breaks for the patients that are there long term and don't have family to fight for them.  Next week, I'll be writing a letter to the director outlining all of the problems we experienced.  
G.G. is slowly getting her strength back. She's hasn't been eating well because she's been so nauseous but did a little better today.  She will have to stay at the facility for quite a few weeks but she'll be able to come home for Christmas and New Year's.  
Her strength and tenacity amaze me. This is the 3rd time, in a year, we thought we were losing her and she surprised us by bouncing back.  I am so lucky to have such a strong woman as a role model!
Thank you to my blogging buddies for the kind comments left and the emails sent, it honestly meant so much! 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 13, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

She sounds like a wonderful, strong lady and I wish you luck in dealing with the nursing home. We went through something similar with my grandmother before she passed away a few weeks ago. *Hugs*