December 9, 2008

Missing In Action

I've been MIA for a few days at least from the blogging world.

My Grandma was taken to the hospital where we found out that she has pneumonia and congestive heart failure.  She has been unable to go home but the rehab center didn't have an opening so we had to place her in a nursing home until an opening comes up at the rehab center (should be tomorrow). 

The nursing home has been a complete nightmare and I can't wait until we can get her out. We wanted to take her home and care for her full time until the rehab center opened up but Medicare wouldn't let that happen if they were going to pay for the center.  So she sits in a horrible facility but someone has been with her round the clock to make sure she is ok.  We had to bring her food to her because they couldn't guarantee she wouldn't get gluten in her food. 

I'm rambling - it's been stressful but I'll be back in a couple of days when she gets settled in. 

2 comments:

Unknown December 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

I am really sorry and I hope that she recovers soon! Hugs!

Emily Retherford December 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

OMG That's horrible!!! Our prayers are with you! Hang in there!

Emily
Mama and Hustler???
Great MOMS Think Alike
Blah-Zay