February 26, 2009

Grandma update

I've written about how amazed I am with my the strength my Grandma has and yet again she shows us what a tough women she is.

She had a stroke last Monday and was released from the hospital (to home) today!  Physically she is doing really well. There hasn't been any paralysis. She is just having some shakiness and needs to get her strength back. Mentally though I'm not sure how well she has faired. It's hard to put my finger on, but it's almost like she is a different person than before the stroke. I understand there can be personality changes and the neurologist told us it take up to a year and a half for her to get everything back.

It will be a lot of work to be able to keep her at home but it will be so worth it not to have to put her in a nursing home.

0 comments: