March 30, 2009

It's official!

I'm a big fan of electricity.  I haven't thought about it in a long time but I really appreciate the modern conveniences we have.

Last night, I sat done for a half hour of self indulgence by watching Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory before starting work.  About 10 minutes in the power started to flicker.  I didn't really think it would amount to much but after the fourth flick it went out.  No big deal, I'll just work now instead of later.  Well, apparently my modem doesn't work without power. (Should I admit I didn't realize that would happen?)

On to plan three: reading for awhile before going to bed. Of course, I need some light to do that.  Out to the garage I go to find a flash light or camping light with the only light source available - my laptop screen.  Just a heads up - a laptop screen does not light up a dark garage enough to see the pile of pipe your husband may have laying on the garage floor nor is it bright enough to see how bad your toe might be bleeding after finding the pile of pipe.

I finally found a flashlight and I'm sure you can guess the next problem - NO batteries.  After rummaging through the cupboards and drawers I found the only 2 batteries and heading to bed to read.

An hour later, I realized I really like heat too (yeah the heat doesn't work either when the power is out - who knew?)

1 comments:

kamster April 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

I hate when the power goes out! I am sorry but I will not be able to make it to your purse party. Thank you for the invite and sorry I can't make it. Hope you have a good turn out and get some purses!