December 18, 2008

Wacky News Wednesday

I know I should have posted my weird news for the day but frankly I wasn't feeling it.  Instead I've decided to give you a glimpse into my schedule.  I'm always fascinated to read what other people do during the day so I thought I would share mine.

Just a disclaimer - Tuesday's are by far my craziest day and the day I get the least amount of sleep. All days aren't like this -

4:30 A.M. Went to bed

6:30 Alarm goes off and I'm thinking it's way too early! But, I get Rooster up and get  him ready.

7:05 It is snowing and the roads look horrible. It's too cold and wet for Rooster to walk so I drive him to the bus stop.

7:20 Back home. It's my night to cook dinner. Put the red beans together and in the crockpot. (Hint: Red beans do not stay red in the crockpot. They turn some funky colors!)

7:40 Get Tater up and ready for school.

8:15  Not my week to drive! Send Tater out the door for carpool.

8:15 - 9:00 Read the paper, think I've really got to stop staying up so late! Kind of wishing I drink coffee - settle for a Pepsi instead

9:00-10:15 Get ready and pick up the house.

10:15 Head over to Tater's school to read with the kids in his class.

11:30 Sit with Tater while he eats. I love to listen to the kids chat while they eat. They were really proud that they got to sit at the 3rd grade table and made sure to point it out to the third graders when they came in.

12:00 Stop in the office - touch base with the Principal and Secretary. Collect the volunteer logs. (I keep track of how many hours are volunteered at the school)

12:30 Decide I want to make corn bread with the red beans but I don't have eggs so it's off to the store.

1:00 Home and I'm way too tired to function. Take a little nap.

3:00 Alarm goes off - Rooster gets home - we catch up on his day

3:30 Tater gets home. Let him watch his half hour of T.V. and have a snack while I do the mad dash to get dinner done.

4:00 Start homework

5:00 Deliver dinner to my exchange buddies

6:00-8:00 Dinner, homework, kids in shower, clean up dinner

8:00 Kids in bed

8:00-9:00 Finish cleaning up the kitchen and little messes around the house

9:00 Log into ChaCha and work while visiting my blog roll and forums

4:30 Off to bed to start all over again!

4 comments:

Lisa December 18, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

So you cook for other households? That sounds interesting and I'd like to hear more about how that works. I can see where it would be a big time saver too!

ordinarymomss December 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Are ya NUTS? Seriously how can you go on sooo little sleep.

Unknown December 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Mindy your schedule has made me exhausted, I can't even himagine how you feel. If I don't get at least 6 hours a night I just can't function.

Mindy December 22, 2008 at 1:08 AM  

Lisa, I am in a dinner exchange group. You can read more about it here. I need to do a more in-depth post after the first of the year. http://www.apeekinsideourlife.com/2008/11/dinner-exchange-group.html

Tuesday's definitely exhaust me but the rest of the week I get about 4 hours of sleep during the day and in my mind I add that to the 2 the night before and I figure I get 6.